This section details the playable races of the Kylvincast world. The playable races are broken up into three groups:
Races that are fairly prevalent in the world and can be chosen by any player as their characters race without GM approval.
- Gnomes Need to add
- The barbaric tribes that make up the Halfling race have existed for almost as long as the Dwarven clans but their lack of structure has prevented the Halflings from amassing in force. Those outsiders who think these small people are weak do not understand the true savage nature of these people.
- Humans are the most diverse race in all of Kylvincast. While others cling to their race as a sense of identity the short-lived and quickly reproducing humans look to their surrounding culture for their identity.
Rarer than the common races for a variety of reasons. A decent background is required to gain GM approval.
- The dark-skinned cousins of the elves are secretive in nature and maintain a ritualistic culture that outsiders cannot understand.
- The Planetouched
Races that are very seldom seen in the world or are difficult to explain as being player characters. Will require an in-depth background to gain GM approval.
- An offshoot faction of dwarves that live in the deepest places of the world fighting against the abominations that reside at the heart of the world.
- Vanaras Most people don’t even know they exist.
Other races are not currently approved for use in Kylvincast but may be added at a later date.